I recently asked a question on the Decompose function and where it had
gone to in the Gimp V2. This was promptly answered. I use this function
as part of a process flow to change the blue colour in sky without
affecting the clouds, or anything else. Jim Clark (of this list) was
interested in the process that I use. Over the course of a number of
emails we had enough screen shots and text to form a short tutorial.
I've written it up and placed this on my site for your edification and

"On a planet of peril she dared to defy its evil rulers."