Hi,

ben powers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> (gimp-2.0:710): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gobject.c: line 1561
> (g_object_ref): assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
>
> ** (gimp-2.0:710): CRITICAL **: file pango-engine.c: line 68
>    (_pango_engine_shape_shape): assertion `PANGO_IS_FONT (font)'
>    failed
> /Applications/Gimp.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gimp-2.0: fatal error:
> file shape.c: line 75 (pango_shape): assertion failed:
> (glyphs->num_glyphs > 0)

That will be difficult to debug. It looks like a broken font but it
could as well be a different problem. Do you have some experience
using a debugger? You would also need versions of glib, pango and gimp
with debugging symbols. You could then use the --g-fatal-warnings
command-line option and force gimp to crash on the first critical
warning. Using the debugger you could then tell us more precisely
what's going on here.

> Since the error is in pango it seems, it might be worth it to note
> that I am using pango 1.4.0 I will attempt to update to 1.4.1.

My guess is that the problem is not in Pango but in the FreeType
library. What's the version of FreeType that you are using?

Sven