Hi!

I could not agree more withh what ylu have to say aboyut scheme.

Might I suggest that you'd use gimp-python for your scripts?
As of gimp-2.0, gimp-python is in the main gimp-tree and can be
installed as a separate package in major linux distributions.

To compile the GIMP with it, pass "--enable-python" to
gimp ./configure

Regards,

        JS
        -><-