No, I used it and it doen't work for me: as I said, my window is
larger than my screen.
I am using fvwm2 window manager (which one do you use?). And neither xv not gimp
are capturing the part of the window which is offline after I grab.
So, is it a window
manager problem or what kind of problem is it?

Thanks,

Neil