Neil Zanella ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> No, I used it and it doen't work for me: as I said, my window is
> larger than my screen.
> I am using fvwm2 window manager (which one do you use?). And neither xv not gimp
> are capturing the part of the window which is offline after I grab.
> So, is it a window
> manager problem or what kind of problem is it?

No, the problem is simply, that the data of the hidden part of the
window is not there. The program only knows how to recreate it when a
previously hidden area gets visible.

So you absolutely have to make multiple screenshots, put them into
individual layers in the Gimp and arrange them together to recreate the
intended appearance.