On Monday 25 October 2004 22:06, wim delvaux wrote:
> I know this has been asked before and I have tried several of the
> proposed solutions but all to no avail.
>
> I have an icon that consists of a blue ball with a light effect on
> it.  The light effect creates various shades of that ball's uniform
> color.
>
> The edge of the ball is blurred and has an alpha channel that mixes
> the shaded color to the background color (whatever that is).
>
> What I would like to do now is change the base color of that ball
> to green.
>
> I tried colormap rotation, curves, indexes, etc etc.  I need more
> help being a VERY BIG newbie on the gimp.
>
> I am using 2.0 pre 4

Layers->Colors->Hue & Saturation, change Hue.
If this doesn't work, just use the selection tools for letting off the
parts you don't want to be affected by the hue change.

Or, filters->colors->channel mixer.
If this doesn't work as you desire, just use the selection tools for
letting off the parts you don't want to be affected by the hue
change.

Regards,
And yes, please...upgrade your GIMP when you can. :-)

        JS
        -><-