On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Bob Long wrote:

> Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:37:54 +1000
> From: Bob Long <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Installing plug-ins
> On Tuesday, October 26, 2004 11:51 AM [GMT+1=CET],
> Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 08:42:30PM -0500, Todd Stanich wrote:
> > > I know this is probably a dumb question but I am a newbie to GIMP
> > > and I have no idea how to install plugins like this
> > > http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/1872584/.  Could someone tell
> > > me how or let me know where I can find out how to.
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > i just downloaded this archive and looked at the contents.  the files
> > all end with ".scm" which means they should be gimp script-fus.  i am
> > not sure how to install plug-ins on windows,
> In my "standard" Windows XP installation, .scm files are in:
> C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\scripts

I must warn that wouldn't recommend that.

You should probably install to
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\.gimp-2.0\scripts\

where USERNAME is whatever your user name is.

that way the script is installed for the current user only.

If you are sure you want to install the script for all users of gimp on
your computer and you have the necessary adminstartor access there is
nothing wrong with doing it as was suggested but I just wouldn't
recommend it as the first choice.

- Alan