I'd like to be able to adjust the color curves and/or color levels in one
image and then batch process (open-apply-save) a large number of
additional images using the same transformation(s).

When adjusting the color levels and curves, there is the option
of saving (and loading) levels and curves from files.  I have two

1. What is the format of the levels file and the curves file? (I'd
like to write my own C or Matlab code to read the Gimp level/curve files
and compute the associated transformation.)

2. Alternatively, does anyone know of a Gimp script that will do this
batch processing for me?

Thanks so much,