On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 05:57:40PM -0400, Todd Zickler wrote:
> I'd like to be able to adjust the color curves and/or color levels in one
> image and then batch process (open-apply-save) a large number of
> additional images using the same transformation(s).
>
> When adjusting the color levels and curves, there is the option
> of saving (and loading) levels and curves from files.  I have two
> questions:
>
> 1. What is the format of the levels file and the curves file? (I'd
> like to write my own C or Matlab code to read the Gimp level/curve files
> and compute the associated transformation.)

i think the contents of these little saved files would just be the
values that you selected in the dialog.  did you try to look at them
with a text editor?  if matlab can accept a value for "gamma" then i
think it should probably be in this little file.

> 2. Alternatively, does anyone know of a Gimp script that will do this
> batch processing for me?

i used gimp-gap to do this.  gimp-gap will work on sequentially named
files.  you can have a preview look at the tutorial that is officially
online when gimp-2.2pre (or whatever) is released:
http://carol.gimp.org/gimp/2.1/gap/
http://carol.gimp.org/gimp/2.1/gap/layers/ shows some of the dialogs you
will need to look into.  an epic/horror story about when i used an
earlier combination of this plug-in and some of its supporting software
can be seen here:
http://carol.gimp.org/gimp/techniques/photographs/movies/
"Give GAP a curve" is where i did successfully apply the same curve to a
bunch of images.

There is also the option to script it.  some scripting experience is
probably helpful for that though.

carol