Hi,

I had never used a levels file,
but the curves file is in plain text (tm).

It should be noted that currnetly the GIMP can only save and load
smooth curves, and not "free" curves.

At first, I'd say it is easier to write a gimp script to do this job
than reimplementing the curves and levels codebases in another
program.

Regards,

        JS
        -><-