Yep, guess he is right, you can use it like that.
*However*... Despite being the single BEST open source program I have
seen so far (has never crashed on my computer, NEVER!!); I have to
addmit gimp is not very good when it comes to printing....
Well, at least that is my experience, correct me if I'm wrong. I
thought I'd fire this up on this thread so that maybe more people
would reply. :)

How are your printing experiences???
Last time I had to throw a lot of paper away trying to get things
right and in the end I wasn't completely satisfied. Apparently using
CMYK (meaning: not gimp) enabled software produces better results.
Another issue I had was monitor calibration. Window$ (as far as I
remember) has lots of tools like that, and I found none for the
Linux/Gimp combo. Perhaps you can help me out here! And probably
convince Michael to use Gimp instead of wasting $$. :D
Thanks a lot,
by the way, and this I have to repeat, gimp IS the best software for
linux I have found so far, congratulations to all the developers.
Roberto.