I just upgraded to Gimp 2.0.5.  Many of the photos I take with my digital
camera are taken with the camera held vertically.  I was told by this mailing
list that starting with Gimp 2.0.4 the image would be automatically rotated
according to the exif data.  When I open my photos under Gimp 2.0.5 they are
not being rotated.  I have libexif installed as well as the exif-browser
plugin which is working correctly.  Why are my photos not being rotated and
is there a way to make this happen?  Further when I rotate the photos using
the transform>rotate option the top and bottom of my photos are being cut
off.  Is there a way to correct this as well?