Hello, all.

I'm looking to do a "gel" or "bubble" edge effect with Gimp 2.0.4. I
have not found any tips or tutorials on how to do this, however, either
on the web or in the various mail list archives for gimp. So I'm coming
here as a last resort. Hopefully some patient person can help.

Specifically, I'm trying to make a circle that has a round, slightly
glossy edge to it, like it was made of gel or a bubble. In addition, I'm
going to make a "cut-out" of some text in the middle, showing the
background. The gel edges would also be on the circle, not on the text.

Thanks for any help.