Sven Neumann wrote:
Hi,

we are glad to announce the availability of the first pre-release for
GIMP 2.2. More than half a year after GIMP 2.0 saw the light of day,
we are now close to finish work on it's successor, GIMP 2.2. You can
download a first pre-release from ftp.gimp.org and it's mirrors:

   http://gimp.org/downloads/#mirrors

This preview should have all the features that 2.2.0 will have.
However since this code hasn't seen a lot of testing yet there are
certainly bugs. If you find any, make sure you report them at
bugzilla.gnome.org (after checking that it isn't reported already).

The GIMP Wiki has a list of changes from GIMP 2.0 to GIMP 2.2:

http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/WhatsNew2

I had not noticed this before, but when I compare gimp 2.0 and 2.2 preferences, it seems I can't find anymore the following two options: "enable tearoff menus" checkbox and "open recent menu size". They used to be in the "interface" category, in a "menus" box.

How can I access these preferences now? Do I have to go in the text config files?

Regards,

Olivier.