Sven Neumann wrote:
Hi,

By the way, this preference was not "migrated" from my 2.0 profile
when I first launched gimp 2.2.

I don't see why it shouldn't have been migrated. Migration here
basically means copying the user directory over. Unless we made
incompatible changes to the gimprc format (which I am not aware of),
all values that you changed from the defaults in 2.0 should be used in
2.2. Perhaps have a look at the gimprc files to see if it's there?

I confirm there definitely is a bug in the migration of gimprc:

When migrating, the copying of all the files from the .gimp-2.0 directory works fine, but when gimp is started (after pressing the continue button in the user-install dialog), gimprc is overwritten with an empty file.

Suspecting that my old gimprc could have been corrupted for some reason, I have done the following steps:

1- delete both the .gimp-2.0 and .gimp-2.2 directories.
2- compile and install gimp 2.0.6
3- launch 2.0.6, changed a few options (small theme, no tear-off menu). The resulting gimprc is the following:

# GIMP gimprc
#
# This is your personal gimprc file. Any variable defined in this file takes
# precedence over the value defined in the system-wide gimprc:
# /usr/etc/gimp/2.0/gimprc
# Most values can be set within The GIMP by changing some options in the
# Preferences dialog.

(tile-cache-size 128M)
(monitor-xresolution 90.000000)
(monitor-yresolution 90.000000)
(tearoff-menus no)
(theme "Small")
(web-browser "ephiphany %s")

# end of gimprc

4- quit gimp 2.0.6
5- launch gimp 2.2-pre1
6- in the user-install, choose to migrate.
7- check that the files are correctly copied. The gimprc is the same as the 2.0.6 one above.
8- press the continue button that results in launching the gimp
9- check the gimprc, it is now this:

# GIMP gimprc
#
# This is your personal gimprc file. Any variable defined in this file takes
# precedence over the value defined in the system-wide gimprc:
# /usr/local/etc/gimp/2.0/gimprc
# Most values can be set within The GIMP by changing some options in the
# Preferences dialog.

# end of gimprc

10- look at gimp: the theme is the default one, tearoff menus are on.

Regards,

Olivier.