On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Laszlo wrote:

> Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 01:36:45 +0100
> From: Laszlo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [Gimp-user] opening tiff, new crop tool
> Hi!
> I have just two additional remark for the 2.2pre1
> The new crop tool is just good, but there is some refresh problem.
> Especially if I shrink my crop-area, there is some pixel-trash. For
> precise work is really annoying.
> Is it a know issue? If i was not clear I can submit a screenshot from
> it.

I saw the same issue, create crop 'selection' and scroll the image and you
will see that the crop lines stay fixed relative to the image where they
should be but the grey mask moves with you.

> I have a .tiff image that theGimp don't handle good.
> So theGimp load the file, but display as blank.
> I thinked the .tiff contain just an empty layer.
> Then I have successfully opened this .tiff file with photoshop 7.0.
> Can it be fixed? (is there somebody correspondant the .tiff file open
> plugin?)

Resaving it with different options might help, I had problems before with
Adobe Tiff files which I think went away when I stripped out the XMP
metadata or some other extensions the gimp didn't recognise or couldn't

Alan Horkan

Inkscape, Draw Freely http://inkscape.org
Free SVG Clip Art http://OpenClipArt.org