On Thursday 28 Oct 2004 01:20, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > to the best of my knowledge, gimp still does not use exif
> > information.  while it is perhaps not the best software to introduce
> > a newbie to jpegtran is a commandline doey that will do that for
> > you.
>
> If the camera actually saves the orientation info in the exif data,
> then I suggest to use exiftran. It is more convenient to use than
> jpegtran.

Another option is digiKam, if you don't mind KDE apps. The new version of
digiKam (0.7.0) supports autorotation of images based on EXIF information.
The autorotation can be done when the images are uploaded from the camera or
when they are viewed. The rotation of the jpegs is done using a lossless
method.

Version 0.7.0-rc1 came out last week and the 0.7.0 release should be out in
the next few days.

Richard

--
You can normally find me on Jabber as [EMAIL PROTECTED]