On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 01:08:39AM -0800, Gezim Hoxha wrote:
> Hi all,
> I find the name GIMP not very attractive and I think
> if we want to market the GIMP we need to do something
> about this name (i.e. change it).

well here you go.   gimp is nice and doing just fine not being marketed.

i actually felt the need to explain to a nice volunteer who had recently
started working for a marketing company that it was very very important
not to share the secrets of gimps success with his company.

the fact that the developers do not have to answer to marketing
departments is one of the facts that makes gimp fun to volunteer for as
well as such a useful utility application.