Here:
http://epierce.freeshell.org/gimp/print_size_research_results.php

I see good arguements for two 'print size/resolution' location ideas.

#1 Returning it as it was in <=2.0 because...
 - Everybody else has 'pixel scaling' and 'print size' in the same dialog,
 - People are accustomed to Gimp also having these entries together as they've
been that way a long time
 - one less menu entry = one less menu entry to wade through

#2 Putting it into its own menu entry (Sven's idea below) because...
 - Having 'Print Size/resolution' settings in w/Interpolation settings really
doesn't make sense
 - Gimp is NOT about what everybody else is doing - fock 'em

That said, I vote for idea #2, and I vote for "Print Size" for the vernacular.

I'd be curious to hear from others on this topic who use Gimp mostly for print
work.

Eric P.