On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 03:43:15PM +0100, Karine Proot wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I just gave a look at my website using IE, and horror - I had forgotten
> it cannot handle PNG transparency. So of course one option is to ignore
> the problem and expect IE to be able to handle it somewhere in the future.

when you are saving your image as a png there is a dialog.  one of the
options on the dialog is "Save with Background Color", toggle that and
make sure that the color of your web page is in the gimp's toolkit as
the background color.  ie will get the color from this information.
unfortunately, it will not handle multicolor backgrounds.

it is a giant corporation who are paid well to meet your needs, the
people who author this browser.  perhaps you could ask them and let us
know.  i have never purchased or used their software (very much).  did
it come with a support phone number or email?  this issue comes up
often, if you could find out for us and let us know ....

carol