Michael Schumacher wrote:
 > If you don't mind using special CSS for IE:

Thanks for the ressource, however I am a bit reluctant about adding so much code when all I wanted first was to display an image. I will rather make non-transparent PNG.

It seems that explaining why I was trying to do that raised a lot of OffTopic traffic, so now that I have my answers:
* GIF is not able to handle transparency as beautifully as PNG
* PNG transparency can be nicely removed with the 'Save image background' checkbox
I guess we can close this topic on the list (private mail about ressources handling my IE problem are welcome).

Next time I will try not to mention the reasons if one can expect OT answers :)

Thanks to all