Thank you for the pointer. After playing around with it, it could work,
but not ideally what I'm looking for. However, I have found a sample of
the exact effect I'm looking for:

Has anyone done this type of thing before? Ideas how it could be done?


Bob Long wrote:

On Saturday, October 30, 2004 12:41 PM [GMT+1=CET],
Adam Theo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello, all.

I'm looking to do a "gel" or "bubble" edge effect with Gimp 2.0.4. I
have not found any tips or tutorials on how to do this, however,
either on the web or in the various mail list archives for gimp. So
I'm coming here as a last resort. Hopefully some patient person can
Specifically, I'm trying to make a circle that has a round, slightly
glossy edge to it, like it was made of gel or a bubble. In addition,
I'm going to make a "cut-out" of some text in the middle, showing the
background. The gel edges would also be on the circle, not on the
text. ?

Gimp-user mailing list

Reply via email to