Sven Neumann wrote:
Hi,

Barton Bosch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

You're probably way ahead of me on this but wouldn't a larger preview
window and an expanded UI (e.g., like the path tool) be great with
Iwarp?  Maybe implementing it as a tool rather than a filter would be
in order as well?

Sure, noone would disagree that the plug-in urgently needs some
love. But so far noone has taken responsibility for it. There are a
lot of plug-ins that are part of the distribution but are basically
unmaintained. We don't have enough developer resources to work on the
core and improve the ~ 200 plug-ins in the GIMP tree.

Heh heh. I fully appreciate your point and understand what it means for a project on the scale of The GIMP to be brought into the world by volunteers. I hope that the understanding is reciprocated in that my comments shouldn't be taken as implying dissatisfaction with the developers' efforts or any kind of demand for a specific feature to be implemented. Just casual commentary to be taken for what its worth.

As I said already, if you want to contribute, please do so. You
wouldn't have to necessarily write code. The GIMP help team (the
people working on the user manual) are looking for contributors as
well as the GIMP web team.

Other than a little photo cropping, the last few days have been the first opportunity I've had to do any significant gimping. To this point I've been contributing by not messing up the works with my ignorance of digital image manipulation in general or of The GIMP in particular.

With a little bit of experience I may actually have something worthwhile to contribute so I'll check into the documentation project in the near future.

Regards,

Barton