Gezim Hoxha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Since gimp doesn't have an image viewer (no problem) I
> just use the kde (konqueror). I just selected the
> images I wanted to open then on one of them I right
> clicked and chose open with gimp....behold 10 sessions
> of gimp opened up. So is there an argument for gimp
> that says "Ok if a gimp session is open, just use that
> session to open these images." I read the man pages
> and there was some session argument but no idea how to
> use it.

Konqueror should call gimp-remote instead of gimp. Actually if it
doesn't do that, that would be a bug in Konqueror that you should
report to the KDE developers. KDE is supposed to read the gimp.desktop
file that is installed by GIMP installs and this file explicitely asks
for gimp-remote to be used.