"Jozsef Mak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Thanks for this advice. I was not aware of this option. The small
> theme fits much better to my taste. But I still think that by
> fine-tuning the layout the dialogue windows can be made more
> compact.

The goal for 2.2 was to achieve a consistent and pleasant look. We
followed the advices of the GNOME Human Interface Guidelines and used
the spacings suggested there for most dialogs. We might consider to
allow these spacings to be customized using style properties. This
would make it possible to tune thes from the theme. That would be
quite an effort though since all dialogs would have to be touched. If
someone want to do this (comparably easy but rather large) task in the
next development cycle, that would be welcomed.