Hi all, i have a minor problem with compiling the atk thing needed to make the
GIMP work.  It configures properly, but then i get an error message stating
that while it found the latest version of Glib on my Linux machine (2.5
something?) it recommends then that i remove the old 2.2 version on the machine
for the compile to proceed.  Problem is, i don't know where or how to remove
the old version.

Can anyone help me here?  I'm new to compiling programs for use on Linux, so a
little step-by-step walkthrough would be beneficial for me.