On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:55:54 -0500, Richard wrote:
> Let say I'm working on a photo and now what to save it as
> a jpeg, but in the highest resolution possible, and no extra compress.

 If you don't want to lose anything from the image, save it in the
gimp format, xcf. If you want to use it outside the gimp, common
choices are tiff, png and jpeg. Tiff and png are lossless and jpeg is
lossy. jpeg is very good for photographs if you want a small size.
 To answer your original question, I would say to just increase the
quality setting until you are satisfied with the results, but probably
you want either xcf or tiff with no compression.