I am trying to recreate an effect from another photo editing application
and I am wondering if there is a better way to achieve the cloud effect
I'm looking for.

I'm using "Filters, Render, Clouds, Solid Noise" to generate the clouds.
Unfortunately that only generates black and white clouds whereas the other
software generates clouds using the current background and foreground
colours.  Is there a way to do this that just have not discovered or do I
have to colour the clouds afterwards?

I'm getting some adequate results using 'Layers, Colours, Colourize' but I
was hoping some one might be able to recommend alternative or better

Alan Horkan

Dia is for Diagrams  http://gnome.org/projects/dia/
Alan's Journal http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/
Abiword is Awesome http://abisource.com