I am trying to edit g4 compressed tiffs, and have run into some difficulty. When I open a tiff Gimp alerts "unknown field with tag 32934 (0x80a6) encountered." However, the tiff does open. After editing I attempt to save back to the tiff. The following errors are displayed; "Failed a scanline write on row 0", and "Bits/sample must be 1 for group 3/4 encoding/decoding." I have tried to decompress using libtiff tools first, then edit and save back as an uncompressed tiff, finally converting to g4 using libtiff tools, but encounter the same errors in tiffcp. I'm hoping there is a setting in Gimp that will allow me to edit g4 and save as g4 without libtiff tools or errors. Is there?

"Our nation may be bitterly divided, but at least our government can agree on being
ultra-conservative." - The Onion