Can jpeg image created by Gimp contain a small preview of the image, different than the image itself, specifically an older version of the image?

I'm out of possible explanations: if you go to http://www.photoserver.cz/user.asp?IDENT=367 and look at the thumbnail image in the top left corner called "s jeziskem", you'll see the bright window on the right. This is unprocessed image. It was never send to the photoserver.

When you click on the thumbnail you will see the full size image, cropped and processed.

How could the unprocessed image have been obtained by the webserver? I do not understand this. The unprocessed image has a totally different filename than the processed image... and more importantly, the upload dialog of the webserver does NOT allow an upload of a thumbnail. You can only upload one image in the webserver's upload form, and it is of course the full size image, and the server is responsible for thumbnail generation.

--
Milos Prudek