Napoleon Ahiable <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> this is just a concern that i have with the fact that realeses for
> gimp for windows still lacks behind the official realease on the
> site http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/. I am not complaining its just
> that if possible i would like to know why that is the case.

This is actually a misunderstanding. The official GIMP releases are
source code releases only. There are no official binary releases for
any platform whatsoever. Fortunately there are a few people who are
doing you and other users the favor of building binaries. In the past,
binaries for the Win32 platform have showed up reasonably fast, faster
than for most other platforms. So far the only two sources of binaries
for GIMP 2.2-pre2 that I know about are Jernej's site (which offers a
Win32 build) and Debian experimental (GNU/Linux).