* Matthias Julius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [11-22-04 19:18]:
> I know 'man lpr'.  It says:
> -C name
>      Sets the job name.
> But how can I get gimp to include the file name in the print command
> after the -C?

Are you trying to print from a gimp image -> File -> Print ?
If so, set the print dialogue screen to your printer via the drop down
box and print direct from gimp.  You do not need to worry about -C name.
I have an Epson sp925photo and the print-command which gimp selects
for my printer is:  lp -s -desp925gp -oraw

If this is *not* what you are trying to do, please explain further.
HOG # US1244711           Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/photos