On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Sven Neumann wrote:

> Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 22:47:26 +0100
> From: Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Alan Horkan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Plugin Registry and dog plugin
>
> Hi,
>
> Alan Horkan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I am reasonably sure they have a Perl script to add the necessary
> > information to allow a preview but they do not seem to have gotten
> > around to it last time I checked (I do not do perl.  I've moved on
> > from OpenClipart.org and didn't plan on making any further changes
> > to the files I had submitted, the other files I submitted are
> > probably still in the queue awaiting processing).
>
> I offered to write the few lines of XSLT that should be sufficient to
> fix the gradients. Perhaps we should host them at gimp.org then?

If you resubmitted the updated versions I expect they would be accepted by
OpenClipart.org and they would probably be interested to make use of any
XSLT or any other useful script or tool you might produce.

> The registry isn't really run by the GIMP people and has been
> unmaintained for a while. If it is broken now, I am afraid that it
> won't be resurrected anytime soon. Filing a bug report won't change
> that.

As it was on gimp.org I thought the gimp developers had some influence or
control over it, thanks for clarifying.

- Alan