On Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 12:26:16PM +0100, Jogchum Reitsma wrote:
> Carol Spears wrote:
> >>
> >there is a script that sets many of these things for you so that the
> >build will go smoothly.
> >
> >http://www.gimp.org/source/howtos/gimpenv
> >
> >type "source gimpenv" with the term you will use to build gimp and other
> >/usr/local/ things and many of the details are taken care of.
> >
> >i use my personal copy to set the CVSROOT as well.
> >
> Thanks for your info. But after following your advice, the result is the
> same... By the way, since my distro - SuSE 9.2 - installs gimp-2.0
> somewhere in /opt/gnome, I take the standard /usr/local for installing
> gimp 2.2.
that means you do not have to edit the script.  i am sorry it did not
help you with your problems, it probably helped you with other problems
unless you have these environment variables set somewhere else (.bashrc
or .bash_profile is one controversial option).

hopefully someone else will figure out the real solution.