I want to extract all pixels of a specific colour (to be more precise look a certain colour). I am finding that there is some variation in the colour. so if I try "select by color". I only get a subset of the pixels.
Is there a way of selecting all pixels close to the colour I want (where "close" can be determined by experimentation!)

Secondly can I move all these pixies into another layer/channel or image. I want to repeat this operation for a number of colours. Selection to Channel looks as if it might help but I didn't understand what to do then.