So far only 2 people have said they would like to judge the splash contest, so
we need more volunteers.

I usually don't care for the splash screen, so I won't judge on it.

But when I looked through the images, there were some I really disliked - NOT for the graphical ability, just for the motive.

In my opinion, pictures of politicians should not be used (independent of the country they come from or the party they belong to - GIMP is used in many countries).

Even more generally, pictures of living people should IMHO not be used - there might be legal consequences (don't know the exact legal terms in English, but I think of the "Recht am eigenen Bild" - roughly translated the "publishing rights on pictures of yourself")

I think there are enough beautiful pictures with no persons in them to choose from ...

Andreas
--
Andreas Waechter
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]