Mark Bednarczyk wrote:
I would like to use GIMP to tweak astrophotography images. These are usually faint images of DSO (Deep Space Objects). Anyone have links to a tutorial or hints. I'm sure someone has done something with GIMP and astrophotography.
Thanks,
mark...

Look for any post processing tips. Most can be done in GIMP. I will say it will be nicer when GIMP supports deeper color depths.

One thing that I have read is making multiple exposures with digital cameras and then adding the photos together.

I am just about to get into astro photography as well.

--
Robin Laing