On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 07:08:15PM -0800, Akkana Peck wrote:
> Robin Laing writes:
> > One thing that I have read is making multiple exposures with digital
> > cameras and then adding the photos together.
> I don't know of a gimp plugin to do stacking, but it would be fairly
> trivial to write.  (I'm not really an astrophotographer myself and
> have never stacked more than four images, so I didn't look very hard
> for a plugin, nor bothered to write one.)
if you have images that are named sequentially (like img_0001.jpg
img_0002.jpg), gap will make them into one single image, with each image
being a different layer.

you could use gap to make the changes to each image, like changing the
transparency before making them into one layer (for the viewing).