On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 10:27:02AM -0700, Jeffery Cann wrote:

> OK. So I download, compile and install gtk+-2.2.4 into default
> location of /usr/local.  Redhat put gtk+ 1.x in another location
> (/usr/lib and /usr/share)
>
> When I run the gimp configure program after the GTK+ 2.2.4
> installation, I still receive the 'missing gtk+ 2 error':
>
>   checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.2.2... no
>
> There appears to be no way to tell gimp's configure script where to
> find the GTK+ 2.2.4 version in /usr/local/lib.  If there is, PLEASE
> tell me!

this looks like something that can be fixed if you do two things.  maybe
you need to add the path (/usr/local/lib) to ld.config and run
"ldconfig".  or it might do the trick to simply download this shell
script from wgo:
http://www.gimp.org/source/howtos/gimpenv
type "source gimpenv" with the console you are building with.

good luck with redhat 9.  it is slightly old.

carol