I've got a problem with Gimp 2.0.6 reading some images:
(Using ImageMagick 6.1.6...)

I took jpgs from a digital camera.
Converted them ($convert filname.jpg filename.png) to png
rotated some of them 90 degrees cw or ccw (using mogrify)
the images load ok in most programs (xzgv, xscreensaver), but whenever I load one of the images that was rotated in the Gimp, it shows up completely transparent (but rotated). Any ideas?

I've tried converting the png's to another format (tiff) but no luck there...

Editing the original JPGs isn't an option as I don't have them anymore.

Thanks
Aaron