From: "Jozsef Mak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Interesting problem
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 19:08:38 -0500

From: Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jozsef Mak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 00:37:38 +0100

Hi,

"Jozsef Mak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I copied the palette file from windows to ./gimp-2.0/palette folder,
> as you suggested, but the palette still doesn't show in the file when
> I open in Linux.

What do you mean when you say "a palette shows in a file"?

I created a palette and named it GnomeIconcolors in windows. After saving, the name appeared on the list in the swatches window, among the default swatches, which comes with the program like Gray, Grayblue, Grayviolet and so on, in the windows version of Gimp but it doesn't show on Linux palette list when I open the file in the Linux version of Gimp even after copying the swatch palette from windows to Linux.

I made a test. I created a new file in Gimp Linux version. I created a custom swatch palette and saved it. Then I copied the custom palette swatch from Linux to Windows version and it worked perfectly. The custom swatch name showed on the swatches list. It seems the procedure fails only the other way around.

jozsefmak