(Running GIMP 2.0.5 on Mac OS 10.3.7.)

It started when I recently encountered a small bug wherein scrolling
through the font menu caused GIMP to crash. I learned via Bugzilla
that the culprit was a corrupted font, deleted that font, and
attempted to re-open GIMP.

It no longer opens.

I have tried restarting my computer, and even tried upgrading to 2.0.6
- nothing. The grey box appears in the middle of my desktop, on top of
all other windows, but without the logo or text; X11 opens as well,
but nothing happens beyond the grey box appearing.

Please note that I am not a programmer or developer and have extremely
limited experience with unix and X11.