> Hi all developers,
>
> Maybe, between all the critical remarks and questions, it's time again
> to thank you all for this magnificent work.

--->
I second that.  Your gift of time and talent are immeasurable, and whole
heartedly appreciated!

The progress you've made since 1.2 (when I started using Gimp) has been
astounding; I have personally benefitted greatly from all the improvements in
the usability sphere.  I use Gimp everyday at work (web devel/print work) and
have PS installed, but I find I rarely need to use it as Gimp is so damn able.
Our department wasn't willing to foot the bill for another PS license for a
co-worker, so I clued her in to the Gimp and she's 100% happy with it.

--->
Quick random screenshot.
http://epierce.freeshell.org/images/gimp.png

I've put everything into one window which cuts down drastically on alt-tabbing.
 I have shortcuts for all the tools I use on a regular basis, so I've opted to
remove all tool icons (as cool as they were to look at).

--->
<insert touchy feely Gimp poetry here>

--->
Keep up the great work!