The last time i had a similar problem [not with gimp], a similar error "
undefined reference to" it meant that the library was not compiled by the
same version gcc of the program you want to compile. It seems that you are
trying to compile gimp and  libgtk-x11 was compiled with a different version
of gcc used with gdk_pixbuf.

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 14:10, Russell Butler wrote:
> Hello all from a newbie
>
> I am trying to compile gimp2.2 on a Mandrake 10 (official) system.
> I have managed to get atk, pango and gtk+ updated after removing the old
> versions, however I get:
> /usr/local/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined reference to
> `gdk_pixbuf_save_to_buffer'
> on "making" gimp 2.2.
>
> I have removed libglib2.0_0-devel-2.2.3-1mdk, but this did not help.
>
> Any help, please?
>
> Thank you
>
> Russell Butler

Serge.