Hello and a (somewhat belated) happy new year!

In some old Gimp version (1.3?) I managed to set the default brush size (the one set when Gimp starts) by editing some rc file.

But I can't remember exactly how I did it.
I couldn't find the place in Gimp 2.2.

I found a way to save tool options for pencil, but this requires an explicit load of the option.

I would like to have Gimp set the brush size to my preferred size automatically at startup.
How can I do that? I found nothing in the help file and nothing in the .gimp-2.2 folder (but I might have overlooked something).

Please, can someone tell me how to change that setting?

Thanks in advance,
Andreas