On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 09:22:39PM +0000, gimper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can I convert and export an image from default GIMP rgb888 (no alpha) to
> rgb565 (16-bit image)? I want to save it as .h or .c or even png. But I cannot
> find a plug-in for it nor information on how to do it with the GIMP (2.2).

someone else will have to handle the jpeg parts, but if you open the
Select File Type (By Extension) you will see a listing of the formats
gimp is able to save as.  .c (C source code) and .h (C source code header)
files are there.  i think that gimp can only save in the non alpha jpeg
format, however.

carol