On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 11:13:43AM -0400, Derek Cassista wrote:
> Is there a way to create 3D text like in Photoshop? All you have to do
> in Photoshop is create a path around the text, convert the layer type
> to a path, and bevel the text...this won't work in GIMP.

since this question can be easily answered by looking at the tutorials
at http://www.gimp.org/tutorials please let me ask you a question.

there is nothing intuitive about the method you described here, the word
"3D" only occurs in your question and not in your description of the
photoshop tools and methods that perform the task.

how did you originally learn to make this text in Photoshop?  did you
have a class or follow a tutorial?  other ways to learn this is maybe a
friend showed you or perhaps you played around with the different
photoshop tools until you discovered it yourself?


Gimp-user mailing list

Reply via email to