On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 09:38:51PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> now that GIMP 2.2 is out and the major problems with the early 2.2.x
> releases seem to have been fleshed out, it would be nice if we could
> put some effort into documenting some of the new stuff that's hidden
> in the 2.2 version. So this is a plea for help on documenting things.
> I am sorry that I don't have the time to do all this myself, but I can
> at least try to make a list of things that I think would be worth
> writing about...
>  - a collection of tips and tricks focusing on stuff that's new in 2.2

>  - nifty things you can tweak in the Preferences dialog and in gimprc
any suggestions where this information can be found?

>  - customizing the GIMP user interface

i can contribute to additional documentation about the things mentioned

>  - customizing the splash image
this has been something i have quite a bit of impartial experience with
lately (and earlier also) and much of the work has been done already
towards this on my web site:

that said, i was unable to get the random splash screens i read about
recently ....