Carol Spears wrote:

hi,
On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 03:29:15PM +0100, Beatriz Botero wrote:

I am trying to use "gap" but I have problems with "xanim". From the addresses given by "gimp" only loki exists, from which I download "xanim-loki". But "gimp" delivers this error:

-------------- quote -------------------
An error occurred while trying to call xanim:
The xanim program on your system "/usr/lib/xanim2801-loki
does not support the exporting options Ea, Ee, Eq
--------------- un quote --------------------

In Google I found, in "twocows", another "xanim" version but "gimp" delivers:
-------------- quote ----------------
An error occurred while trying to call xanim:
The xanim program on your system "/usr/lib/xanim2801
does not support the exporting options Ea, Ee, Eq
-------------unquote ---------------------

I looked in Google but without exit.

Any help on what I should do will be greatly appreciated

i installed the proper xanim once.  the version that gap requests is
seriously broken.  when i used it to extract video frames from one of my
movies, it extracted frames without a blue chanel (see
http://carol.gimp.org/gimp/techniques/photographs/movies/).

i am now using gap successfully and xanim is not installed here. please make certain you have installed the supporting software that is listed in the README file and avoid using xanim to extract frames with. unless you dont want the blue chanel ....

feel free to ask other questions as they arise.

carol

Hi Carol,
please excuse the long absence time, as I was outdoors spending some holydays.

I upgraded the Gimp-gap to version 2.0.2 and installed, without problems, the following packages:

mpeg2vidcodec_12 (MPEG-2 Encoder / Decoder, Version 1.2)
mpeg_encode-1.5b
mpeg_play-2.4
wavplay-1.4
MPlayer-1.0pre6

However, if I try to open Xtns -> Split video to frames -> Hummingbird.avi
(from http://carol.gimp.org/gimp/techniques/photographs/movies/) the Gimp gives the same error message about Xanim instead working with the above mentioned programs. Xanim istn't installed at all !
The avi file works in MPlayer without problems.
Thanks for your assistance

Beatriz