Carol Spears wrote:

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 01:30:24AM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:

Beatriz Botero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Carol, that is the problem: I don't have the option "Extract
Videorange" I only have "Any XANIM readable". I have the programs
installed in /usr/bin that is in the path. The option Video is
working I did some tutorials with it.

Carol is using the CVS version of GAP which has much better support
for importing video and doesn't any longer rely on the outdated XAnim.

well, there you go, now we both know.  to get gap from cvs follow these

only use "cvs checkout gimp-gap" instead of "cvs checkout -r gimp-2-2
gimp" as the tutorial says.

Using the Gimp-gap CVS and after making little changes to some of the programs that Gimp-gap needs, I have working the "Xtns ->Split video into Frames option". It gives me three options:

Extract Videorange
MPlayer based extract
XANIM based extract.

I just try the Videorange option with the mvi_0082.avi ( and the extraction of the frame worked.

Thanks Carol and Sven for your help